You can your serve this Riggie Sauce over pasta with your choice of meat Chicken, Shrimp, Steak or Sausage. Also served over Pizza, Chicken Parmesan, Eggplant Parmesan, Lasagna, and Stuffed Peppers. Also served with any vegetable dish such as spaghetti squash. Use this sauce with other recipes the possibilities are endless.
Rella’s Originals Utica Chicken Riggie Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Riggies:
- 1 lb of rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoon of salted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- ½ cup Green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup hot cherry peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of tomatoes paste
- ¾ cup of crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon of grated Romano Cheese
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces add salt /pepper for taste.
- One Jar of “Rella’s Original Riggie Sauce”
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the rigatoni pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and keep warm.
2. In a sauté pan cut chicken into cubes and season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oil until lightly browned on all sides, and no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes.
3. In a Skillet heat, 2 tablespoon of salted butter melted, Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 teaspoons of minced garlic and Add ½ cup diced Green peppers, 1 cup diced onion, and add ½ cup diced hot cherry peppers, cook until translucent. Than add 1 cup of chicken broth, ¼ cup of tomatoes paste, ¾ cup of crushed tomatoes, ¾ cup of Heavy Cream and 1 tablespoon of grated Romano Cheese
4. Bring sauce to a boil cover a simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Stir sauce in with the pasta add chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.